Congressional Black Caucus Spouses Education Scholarship
This award is for students of all majors who are preparing to pursue or are currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree full-time at a U.S. accredited college or university.
Deadline: Friday, May 18, 2018
Applicants must meet the following application requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Currently/planning to be enrolled in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
- This award is for students of all majors who are preparing to pursue or are currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree full-time at a U.S. accredited college or university.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Part 1 – General Application
- Resume (3 pages maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
- TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters. Reference Portal Examples
Part 2 – Supplemental Questions (after submitting General Application)
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file to the Supplemental Questions (which you will access only after you submit your General Application). We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
- Electronic copy of detailed Federal Student Aid Report (SAR); this report comes from the US Department of Education and is typically 5 pages in length. This should be uploaded to the online application as a PDF document.
- Personal statement (500-1,000 words). Students should use the same personal statement when applying for multiple scholarships.
NOTE: Our online application has “two” segments – General Application for general questions and Supplemental Questions for questions specific to that opportunity (personal statements, art samples, etc.). Once you flick “Finish and Continue” on the General Application you can begin the Supplemental Questions for your desired opportunity.
For questions about the application process, please call (202) 263-2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org