The Christianson Grant is awarded to individuals who have arranged their own work abroad programs. Proposed programs must be at least six months in length and emphasize a work component. The grant program does not support independent research projects or academic study abroad programs.
Deadline 1: Thursday, March 15, 2018
Deadline 2: Sunday, July 15, 2018
Deadline 3: Monday, October 15, 2018
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents
- Between the ages of 18 and 28
- Participating in a work, internship or volunteer abroad program*
- Committed to a program duration of at least six months
- Willing to submit a written report upon completion of their program
* International work must not be part of a degree requirement or for class credit.
Christianson Grants are awarded three times a year. Applications must be received by March 15, July 15, or October 15.
The application consists of two essays, two letters of recommendation, a resume, and a $50 application fee. Telephone interviews may be conducted as part of the application process.
Applications must be submitted using the online form.