The College Center for Scholarly Advancement (CCSA), the College’s office dedicated to supporting undergraduates through nationally competitive scholarships, fellowships, and postgraduate opportunities, is currently seeking an undergraduate student assistant to support essential office tasks. Hours are flexible within reason; during the academic quarter, the student may work up to 19.5 hours/week. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, strong writer, responsible, and independent. The student assistant will be hired for the entirety of the 2017-2018 academic year. A second year appointment may be considered based on performance and viability for the assistant’s schedule.
- Internal database management: identifying and adding relevant external opportunities, and updating existing opportunities;
- Management of the CCSA’s Social Media profiles, including Facebook, Twitter, and distribution of weekly listserv;
- Marketing and design work: support the CCSA’s print and digital promotion and outreach campaigns, including design of materials and distribution;
- CCSA event support;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office suite, database management, webpage development;
- Social Media: knowledge of Facebook and Twitter.
- Knowledge of webpage maintenance tools like Droople;
- Graphic design experience, utilizing Adobe Photoshop or equivalent software;
- Strong writing and editing skills.
General questions can be addressed to Nicholas Morris by email or phone at (773) 834-0794. Application review will commence immediately with a projected start date of the second week of the Fall Quarter 2017, possibly earlier should schedules allow. Applications will be accepted immediately and the position will remain open until filled.