Youth Activity Fund Grant
The Youth Activity Fund Grant supports high school students and college undergraduates. Its goal is to foster a new generation of explorers dedicated to the advancement of the scientific knowledge of our world.
Awards range from $500 to $5,000. We recommend keeping your budget realistic. The average award is approximately $1,500. Only a few grants may be awarded at the $5,000 level.
Generally The Explorers Club considers research proposals in a wide array of disciplines, including:
Geoscience, Paleoclimate, Atmospheric Science, Early Earth, Tectonics, Volcanism, Paleontology, Glaciology, Geophysics, Astronomy
Marine Science and Fresh Water Science, Marine Biology, Marine Life, Fish, Coral, Ocean, Fresh Water, Rivers, Lakes, Estuaries
Plants and Molds
5:00 pm EST: Monday, October 10, 2016
To apply, submit the following through their online system:
- One page description of your project with attention to scientific objectives.
- Description of qualifications of your project associates and the specific sites of your proposed research.
- One paragraph description of your career objectives and aspirations and how this project fits into that plan.
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor
- Copy of a current student ID.
- Budget outline.
Your proposal should be readily understandable to a reviewer of a discipline other than your own. Avoid heavy use of discipline specific jargon unless clearly defined.