US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institute
The US-UK Fulbright Commission offers special Summer Institutes for US citizens to come to the UK. These summer programmes provide the opportunity for US undergraduates to come to the UK on a three to six week academic and cultural summer programme (lenght of time depends on the selected Institute).
Participants in these programs will get the opportunity to experience an exciting academic programme at a highly regarded UK University, explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK, and develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills.
For a complete listing and description of available programs, visit the US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes website listed below.
The Summer Institutes will cover the majority of participant costs. This includes round-trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at the host university/institution, accommodation and meals and in some cases a small daily allowance.
Deadline A (see site for specific information): Monday, February 20, 2017
Deadline B (see site for specific information): Friday, February 24, 2017
To be eligible to apply for the US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a US citizen (except US-UK dual citizens)
- Be a current undergraduate student with a GPA of 3.7
- Be over age 18
- Have at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete (i.e. current second- or first-year students)
Preference will be given to those who do not have extensive, recent experience outside the US. Previous experience in the UK or Europe wouldn’t prevent one from being selected if one does have a strong application .
Students may apply to only one programme per application cycle.
There are two possible deadlines, depending on the specific program to which one applies. Program descriptions (including deadline information) are listed in the link to each institute:
- AIFS Summer Institute with Globe Education
- Durham University Summer Institute
- King's College London Summer Institute
- Queen's University Belfast Summer Institute
- Scotland Summer Institute
- SOAS, University of London Summer Institute
- University of Bristol Summer Institute
- University of Exeter Summer Institute
- Wales Summer Institute