The Undergraduate Awards
The Undergraduate Awards is the world’s leading undergraduate awards programme which recognises top undergraduate work, shares this work with a global audience and connects students across cultures and disciplines.
This year, for the first time in the UA programme, an Irish winner and an international winner will be selected per each of the 20 categories, from which an overall category winner will be selected. The two winners from each category will go on to receive their gold medal from President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins, and will be brought to Dublin, Ireland, for the incredible 3 day UA Summit.
Over the duration of the Summit, the winning students explore the length & breadth of Dublin city, gained exposure to a wealth of cultural experiences and connected with influential figures in industry, academia and politics.
Submission deadline: Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Applicants must have spohomore, junior, or senior standing at the time of the application and must submit a piece of coursework which has earned a grade of A or equivalent that:
- Represents the highest standard of intellectual and scholarly achievement
- Embodies a piece of independent and original work
- Takes the form of a text-based essay/project, with images/graphics where relevant
- Takes the form of a critical/analytical discourse
- Has a word count below 2,500 words
Leave all personal information and adviser information off of the submission.
Those from all fields are able to apply. However, you must be either a third- or fourth-year student to apply. Students from Canada, USA, Ireland, and Britain are encouraged to apply.
The next submission cycle will be released soon.
Follow instructions on the organization's website on how to create a proper submission. Steps in the process include:
- Check if you are eligible
- Choose your category
- Prepare your work (write your abstract, anonymise your work, and ensure your work meets the word cound requirements)