Maroon Key Society
The Maroon Key Society is the College's Honorary Society. Its members serve as advisors to the Dean of the College and its Dean of Students. In addition to representing the larger student body in counsel with College leadership, Maroon Key Society members will also play an active role in the College Class Day and Senior Week. Students elected to the Maroon Key Society in their 2nd-year will serve for two-years; students elected in their 3rd-year will serve for one-year.
Campus Deadline for all Maroon Key Society Nominations: Monday, April 9, 2018
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a 2nd- or 3rd-year student at time of application
- Active in cocurricular activities
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- All majors eligible
All nomination materials must be received by 5:00 pm on Monday, April 9, 2018. Materials received after the campus deadline will not be accepted.
- Faculty, staff, and self-nominating students must submit their nominations ONLINE [deadline has passed].
All students (self-nominated or nominated by faculty/staff) will be asked to submit the following materials as a part of the online application:
- Upload a current curriculum vita (CV) or academic resume detailing all activities (honors/awards, research, leadership, service, internship, and employment experience) begining with your first-year at UChicago. Guidance about how to craft a CV can be found here.
- Upload an unofficial transcript.
- Provide a 350-word essay in response to prompt.
- Name and contact details of one (1) faculty or staff reference (only if you are a self-nominating student).
Selection criteria include:
- Evidence of academic potential
- Sustained engagement in co- and/or extra-curricular activities
- Commitment to values and ideals of the College