DAAD University Summer Course Grant
This program provides scholarships to attend a broad range of three- to four-week summer courses at German universities which focus mainly on German language and literary, cultural, political and economic aspects of modern and contemporary Germany. Extensive extracurricular programs complement and reinforce the core material.
A number of the University Summer Course Grants are made possible by the DAAD Alumni Association of the US, including one that is specially earmarked for an applicant in the fine arts.
Deadline: Friday, December 1, 2017
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a students in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Students in the last year of a Bachelor program are eligible to apply if they intend to start a Master's degree program shortly after completing their BA. Please attach a letter of confirmation from the university as proof.
- Neither graduates holding a Master's degree nor PhD students are eligible for this program.
- The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay.
- Applicants must be registered at a university in their home country or in their country of permanent residence (except Germany) at the time their funded stay begins.
- An applicant may only be considered once in any three consecutive years for a DAAD Intensive Language Course or University Summer Course Grant.
- It is not possible to apply simultaneously for an Intensive Language Course and University Summer Course Grant.
- The required German language skills should be equivalent at least to level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (classes are taught in German).
Unless stated otherwise by the specific program, foreign nationals may be eligible if they have been full-time students/scholars in a degree program at an accredited Canadian or US university for more than one year at the time of application.
All requirements must be met by the application deadline.
All applications are submitted through the online portal, which can be found here.